DEPARTMENT OF BIOSTATISTICS
The department provides services from the design and monitoring of the experiment to collection and analysis of data. The statistical services are provided in the area of pharmaceutics, pharmacology, toxicology, epidemiology, clinical trials involving pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. The department is a key player in bioequivalence and bioavailability trials of the centre. The department is supported by original licensed professional SPSS software.
DEPARTMENT OF CELLULAR MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
The department is facilitated by Class II level clean area where we carry out antimicrobial, etc activities of various compounds, drugs, formulations, etc. We also have research facility for Stem cells, Animal cell culture and recombinant DNA.
List of instruments:
The department is well equipped with instruments like, temperature controlled Incubator, centrifuge, fully automatic Autoclave, Bio-safety cabinet, CO2 incubator, Inverted Microscope, Refrigerated Centrifuge, vertical and horizontal laminar hood, Fluorescence inverted and fluorescence upright Microscope, liquid nitrogen cryo can, ELISA reader, Electroporator, Gel Documentation system, PCR, Gradient PCR, Real time PCR, Vertical and Horizontal Gel Apparatus, 2D-Gel Apparatus, Sonicator, -80ºC Deep freezer, -20ºC Deep freezer, Incubator Shaker, and lyophilizer.
Microbiology department is facilitated by Class II level clean area where we carry out antimicrobial, etc activities of various compounds, drugs, formulations, etc. The department is well equipped with instruments like, temperature controlled Incubator, centrifuge and Shaker, Biosafety cabinet, Deep freezer, fully automatic Autoclave, etc.
DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
Carousel Reaction Station (Radleys, U.K.)
- 12 reactors of 25 ml capacity
- 6 reactors of 150 ml capacity
(Multiple parallel syntheses with constant stirring, heating and refluxing under inert atmosphere can be performed with these reactors.)
CHEMISTRY LAB RELATED EQUIPMENTS
- Latest fume hoods for the reactions.
- Buchi Rotavapor-R 210 with diaphragm vacuum pumps and Chiller unit.
- Facility for the synthesis of fine chemicals, drugs and drugs intermediates for small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) business units.
- Facility for the synthesis of impurities of APIs and their formulation products for small business units.
- Facility for the custom synthesis of compound libraries and appropriate route scouting for the chemicals, intermediates, impurities etc for small scale industries.
- Department is well versed with the Facility for Computer Aided Drug Design, to perform Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship & Molecular Docking studies, Sybyl 6.9.1 workstation (Tripos, Inc. USA)
- Sharing QSAR knowledge + biological activity in order to encourage and sustain the research in academia in Gujarat.
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACOGNOSY AND PHYTOCHEMISTRY
- High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC) – CAMAG, Germany
- Spray Drier
- Stability Chambers
- Flash Chromatography – Teledyne Isco
- Centrifuges – Hettich, Germany
- Horizontal and Vertical Gel Electrophoresis Units – BioRad, US
- Cold Room
- Plant Tissue Culture Facility
- Net House
- Green House
- Medicinal Plant Garden
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY
Animal House Facility:
Air conditioned animal house with individually ventilated cages and 10% air exchange facility as per GLP guidelines and recognized by CPCSEA vide registration # 1661/PO/Re/S/12/CPCSEA, Date: 21st November, 2012. Animal species available in our animal house includes Rats (Sprague Dawley, Wistar), Mice (Swiss Albino, Balb/c,
C57BL6), Guinea Pigs (Dunkin Hartley) and New Zealand White rabbits.
- Automated biochemistry analyzer
- Automated haematology analyzer (Veterinary mode)
- Biopac physiology monitor
- Digital plethysmometer
- Peristaltic pump
- Anesthesia unit
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICS
- Zeta Sizer: Malvern®
- Colloid Mill : Cadmach®
- Multimill : Cadmach®
- High Pressure Homoginizer : Niro soavi®
- High Shear Mixing Granulator : Kevin®
- Roller Compactor : Clit Jemkay Eng. ®
- Fluidised Bed Processor: Niro Aeromatic ®
- Tray dryer : Cadmach®
- Extruder and Spheronizer : R.R. Enterprises®
- Single punch tablet machine : Cadmach®
- 16 Station rotary tablet machine: Cadmach®
- 9 Station rotary Bilayered tablet machine: Rimek®
- Multipurpose Kalweka unit : Kalweka®
- Halogen moisture analyzer : MettlerToledo®
- Tablet Coating machine: Ideal Cures®
- Tablet Disintegration apparatus: Electrolab®
- Tablet Friability Tester: Electrolab®
- Tablet Distinguisher Tester: Electrolab®
- Tablet Hardness Tester: Electrolab®
- Digital Vernier Callipers : Mitutoyo®
- Rotational viscometer : Brookfield®
- Electromagnetic Sieve Shaker: Electrolab®
- Manual capsule filling machine: Pam®
- ROPP capsule sealing machine: Pam®
- Transdermal dosage form mfg. : Werner Mathis AG®
- Transdermal diffusion cell system : Hanson Research ®
- Ultrasound Cleaning Bath: Spectralab®
- Humidity chamber for stability studies-EIE®
- Dissolution apparatus (Two) : Electrolab®
- Dissolution appt.with Auto sampler: Hansen research®
- Reciprocating cylinder (USP Type III)-Hansen research®
- Preformulation Studies
- Drug Excipient Compatability Studies
- Log P/Log D/pKa Determination
- Solubility Profiling (pH, Biorelevant Buffers and Aspirated Human Fluids)
- Solubility Enhancement (Solubility in Co-Solvents, Surfactants, Complexation
Agents, Salts etc.)
- Permeability Assessment (PAMPA and Caco-2)
- Transdermal Drug Delivery System and Iontophoretic System Development and Evaluation
- Effective, Innovative and Cost-Effective Solutions to Fast-Track the Development of Poorly Soluble and Challenging Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients.
PERD Centre has a well furnished air-conditioned Computer Centre with 30 computers, high speed colour and black & white laser printers and scanners. All these computers, printers and scanners are connected through Data Server IBM x 4362 IDS Intel Xeon (3040), Window 2003 servers. This computer Centre is adjacent to student’s class rooms and all students and faculty members can avail the Internet and email facilities with dedicated 3 Mbps internet bandwidth, throughout the day. The Computer Centre also has database package like Windows XP/WISTA operating system, SPSS, Chemdraw, Sybl 6.9 (Tripos Inc., USA) for QSAR and Molecular Modelling, Linux Operating System, Microsoft products like office 2003/XP/2007 etc.
The rest of the Centre is connected with Wi FI zone including Library, Classroom and seminar room.
It is spread over 3500 sq.ft consisting of 3000 books and more than 6000 journal volumes encompassing all disciplines of pharmaceutical sciences and technology viz. analytical chemistry, synthetic chemistry, pharmacology, biology, pharmaceutical technology, pharmacokinetics, biotechnology etc & 300 hundreds books for PDF format all subjects, 70 CD for books & others, many Journal & Articles for pdf format, Inter Library loan facility , 35 Seat for Reading in Library, Photocopy facility, 62 thesis for Ph D & 165 thesis for M.S. PHARM and PERD Workshop Reports, faculty Reprints of perd.